The Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels License allows you to take up to six passengers for hire on uninspected vessels up to 100 gross tons/100 miles offshore. The license will allow you the opportunity to earn money on the water while doing something you love. Please note that Non U.S. Citizens may be restricted to undocumented vessels with a 5 net ton limit.
To obtain an OUPV license, you need to show 360 days' experience on Inland or Near Coastal waters - this experience can be on your own boat or someone else's. Of the 360 total days:
- 90 days must be within the last 3 years
- 90 days must be on Great Lakes only if you want to obtain a Great Lakes Routing on your license
- 90 days must be on Near Coastal waters to obtain a Near Coastal Routing
The following is a checklist of everything you need to apply for your OUPV License. The Nautical School will provide all your application forms upon enrollment, FREE of charge.
- Coast Guard Application Form (CG-719B)
- Sea Service Form (CG-719S)
- Physical Examination Report (CG-719K)
- Drug Test Report (5 Substance SAMSHA-CG-719-P)
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Citizenship
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- User Fees
- Training Certificate
Register Online and we'll pay your OUPV test fee (an $80 savings). You may also register by calling us at 1.631.226.7300.